Minnehaha County Sheriff's Office


The City of Humboldt contracts with the Minnehaha County Sheriff's Office for its police services.  

* For emergencies, call 911.
* For Minnehaha County Sheriff's Office non-emergencies, call 605-367-7000.  
* For Crime Stoppers, call 605-367-7007 OR 1-877-367-7007

Peddlers are required to have a city license AND a South Dakota tax license to sell to residential homes.  If they do not have both of these licenses, please call 911 to report them. 

Mopeds, 4-wheelers, scooters, go carts, etc., are not allowed on city streets or on public right-of-ways, unless:
- the vehicle is licensed with the State of South Dakota,
- the operator has a valid driver's license,
- the vehicle is insured, and
- all traffic regulations are followed.